Thursday, October 03, 2013

October Goals & Clean Eating Challenge

Image from whitspeaks
I decided last month that for the month of October, I would set myself a handful of specific goals which I'd work on throughout the month to achieve by November 1st. I had one specific goal I wanted to work on which was clean eating, but I wanted to add a few more so I had a bigger goal. These are the main goals I've set myself for this month:
  1. Eat clean as much as possible
  2. Drink 3-4 litres of water everyday
  3. Get at least 6 hours of sleep each night
  4. Lose 5lbs by November 1st
I have been planning how I will achieve these goals, as I believe in the saying "if you fail to plan, you plan to fail"; I am going to be using my Filofax to help me keep track of my goals and how I'm doing. I won't be writing my food diary in my Filofax, I'll be using an A5 spiral bound notebook for that, but I will be tracking my weight and measurements in my Filofax as well as how much sleep I get. In my food diary (A5 notebook) I will write everything I eat and drink daily each week. 

Made on A4 paper using green polka dot washi tape to stick it up
I've also added a chart on my bedroom wall for motivation. It consists of 60 boxes and one box equals one pound lost (so my goal is to lose 60lbs). Each week I weigh myself, I will take note, and however much weight I've lost, I will put a sticker on the box (so one pound lost = one sticker on the chart). I'm hoping that this will help me see how well I am doing and motivate me to carry on. This is more for an overall goal, but I am aiming to lose 6lbs (1.5lbs per week) by November 1st so it will test my chart out and see how well it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment