Friday, July 26, 2013

Filofax Problems #1 Rings, Scratches & Laying Flat

Okay so these problems may not affect everyone, or might not be a big issue for people with these problems, but for someone it could be a very upsetting problem. I have just recently received my first Filofax scratch from one of my kittens. It was an accident and is only small, but it's so noticeable to me and it feels like this perfect and beautiful Filofax is now ruined :( I think I'm overreacting a little, I'm trying to forget about it, but does anyone else feel like this?


These are the rings in my A5 pink Finsbury, they don't have any big gaps and the only problem I have with them is sometimes the pages get caught slightly, but I'm aware of that and try to be gentle. I have seen some horrific rings on Flickr and the Facebook group which has slightly made me nervous to buy anymore Filofaxes.

Another problem which I have lucky not had experience with is training a Filofax to lay flat. I have heard a lot of Filofax owners complain about certain designs that won't lay flat and they have to put heavy vases and boxes on them to 'train them'.. I don't know why that is, I've personally never had to train my Identity or Finsbury, so maybe I've been lucky. I don't know whether it's just the personal size which suffers from this problem because I've not seen any A5's being trained. If I had to train my Finsbury, I think I would lay it face down and put something heavy on both sides for a few days, if that didn't work I would send it back and request a new one.

Let me know your Filofax experiences and any other problems you've ran into :)

5 comments:

  1. Hey!
    I just received my personal sized Finsbury on Saturday and it does not lay flat, so i'm going to try your suggestion and hopefully it will rectify the problem.

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    I just received my personal sized Finsbury on Saturday and it does not lay flat, so i'm going to try your suggestion and hopefully it will rectify the problem.

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter-in-law has problems getting her personal finsbury to lay flat. She did some "training" and it's better but not what she likes. I have an Aston and it laid flat right out of the box.

    I've never been too concerned about scratches. They happen. It just means my binder is used and loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My personal Finsbury doesn't lie flat either, but I'm hoping that with time (and with constant use), it'll lie flat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am kinda OCD, and that scratch would bother me to no end that I most likely will buy another one for a peaceful night. So I can totally relate. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete